Web iPhoto Access
12 visitors online
Web iPhoto Access - Summary
GOAL: Share your iPhoto Libraries
Share your iPhoto Libraries over the internet. As soon as you have uploaded pictures or movies from your camera to your library, you want these pictures to be available to your friends, family or whoever. WiPhA provides a powerful, beautiful and easy to use web interface to your libraries as well as automatic photocast of all your albums. Moreover, people can easily download a bunch of pictures and import them in their own iPhoto library with your captions and comments (for your lucky friends also using Mac).
WiPhA doesn't tax your computer in terms of cpu and memory usage. WiPhA also provides extensive search capabilities to easily browse your pictures, even in a big library.
Your Mac OS X standard installation includes a web server which will be used to let others access to your pictures through their web browser. After having installed WiPhA, all you have to do is configure your friends' rights and give them the URL to connect to (anonymous guest access is supported too). You don't even need to be logged in, as long as your computer is on, connected to the internet, and its web server is still running.
Full featured yet easy web access to your iPhoto Libraries
- Extensive search capabilities (albums, captions, comments, dates, keywords)
- Unique "date map" feature to get a quick overview of the entire library and select the period to browse
- Manual or automatic slideshow mode
- Share multiple iPhoto libraries
- Button to e-mail links to the photos you have displayed and to the associated photocast album
- Display the full size pictures and EXIF data
- Automatic update notification
Photocast your albums for free
- Every Album is automatically photocast (rss feed) without requiring a .mac account!
- Photocast may be used with iPhoto 6 or any RSS reader on any OS
- Users can select multiple pictures and download them as a single zip
- User can then import these pictures in an other iPhoto library and keep their captions and comments with the provided AppleScript
Enforce your privacy
- WiPhA support user logins and password that you set
- You determine which albums each user sees
- Web access and photocast albums are both protected (with the same logins)
- No direct access to files (all data are filtered before being delivered)
- XHTML 1.0
- RSS 2.0
- Web 2.0 - Ajax
Light and fast
- Ajax technology used to limit bandwidth usage and get faster responses
- No need to have iPhoto running, or even to be logged in
- No background process will be installed in your account
- WiPhA relies on the iPhoto data (but doesn't modify it) as much as possible to avoid generating new thumb images
- Generated data are cached and reused.
Date map of an entire library
For you, on the server side
- iPhoto Library version 4, 5 or 6
- Mac OSX 10.5.x (tested), 10.4.x (tested) or 10.3.x (not tested) [Universal binaries]
- Mac OSX default PHP or Entropy PHP5 package (tested)
For your users (and you as a user)
- and/or a RSS aggregator supporting basic HTTP authentication to subscribe to photocasts. Tested with iPhoto 6, NetNewsWire, Safari, Thunderbird.
As of iPhoto 06, you can have a library which does not contain your pictures, but just owns aliases to the pictures which may be stored anywhere you want. WiPhA follows these aliases to provide the pictures to your users, but you may encounter some permission issues. Please remember that WiPhA runs as the "Web server" user, and that you must ensure it can access your files.
Creation date : 27/01/2006 @ 19:59
Last update : 27/01/2008 @ 22:24
Category : Web iPhoto Access
Page read 73970 times
Print the article
Reactions to this article (Please no question here. Use the forum instead)
17/09/2014 @ 14:23|
The atrociousCoach Outlet Onlinemurder of DavidCoach OutletHaines putsCoach Factory Outletthe United KingdomCoach Outlet Onlineand in particularCoach Factory OutletPrime Minister DavidCoach Outlet Store OnlineCameron front and centerCoach Outlet Store Onlinein the evolving battle against ISIS.Coach Factory OutletIt's not as though he is short of work,Coach Outletwith a referendum in Scotland this week and a problematic relationshipCoach Handbags Outletwith the European Union among current elections next year dominating a crowded schedule.Coach OutletBut the PM must now mobilize the British public for another campaign in Iraq,Coach Outletmindful
that the last one was widely opposed.Revulsion at the beheading of
three hostages will likely provide a bedrock of support.Chanel Outlet OnlineThere are a wide variety of options including:Louis Vuittonsurveillance and support operations, limited airstrikes against ISIS positions in Iraq,Louis Vuitton Outletextending those airstrikes to ISIS targets in Syria or even inserting Special Forces in support of the Syrian resistance,Gucci BeltsIraqi Kurds or the Iraqi military.Gucci BeltCameron has been forthright about his government's determination to take down ISIS,Coach Outlet Onlinesaying
at the weekend: "Step by step we will drive back, dismantle and
ultimately destroy ISIL [also used as an acronym for the group] and what
it stands for.Coach Factory OutletWe will do so in a calm,Coach Outletdeliberate way but with an iron determination."He added: "Coach Outlet OnlineWe will do everything in our power to hunt down these murderers and ensure they face justice,Coach Outlet Storehowever long it takes."Coach Outlet Store Online"Ultimately"and "However long it takes"Coach Factory Onlineimply an indefinite campaign.Implying the UK would join in air strikes,Coach OutletBritish Defense Minister Michael Fallon has told RoyalOakley SunglassesAir Force personnel involved in surveillance flights: "Coach Factory OutletThere may well now be in the next few weeks and months other ways that we may need to helpTrue Religion Jeanssave life and protect people."Coach Factory OutletAnd that's just one elementOakley Sunglasses Outletof this strategy.Coach OutletCameron has been expansiveOakley Sunglassesabout prodding theLouis Vuitton OutletIraqi government toward being more inclusive,Coach Outlet Store Onlinesaying it "Chanel Outlet Onlinebadly needs to getLouis Vuitton Outletitself together so itLouis Vuitton Handbagsca
by cedrik 29/11/2011 @ 09:48|
Actually yes you can now! New version for 10.7 has been released! The website stays quite quiet about it.
by Chansiri 04/08/2011 @ 09:17|
I can't install WiPha 2.5 on 10.7. Please fix the installer or please guide me how to fix it manually.
Thanks in advances
01/02/2011 @ 16:00|
Good work. As there is some apps to do this could be good to have the the possibility to change data on the library. For example not only to download a set, but create a new album/event with a set of photos. This way you can organize the iphoto form everywhere.
09/01/2010 @ 12:05|
It is a wonderfull software!!
Can I make one suggestion?
It would be greater if users could leave a comment in all photos!
by gasport 31/08/2009 @ 22:20|
Does not install under 10.6 Message... Running...
I don't know this OSX version: '10.6'
in the install window....... [fixed in 2.5]
by freaky555 08/04/2008 @ 20:42|
by Nathan 10/03/2007 @ 19:33|
I needed to access my iPhoto library from remote locations via the internet. Bonjour sharing is too slow and not designed for that. Other things I've seen are more for exporting and positing galleries.
THIS DOES EXACTLY WHAT I NEED IT TO DO!!! THANKS!!!
by dave_abrahams 26/01/2007 @ 15:41|
Sorry, in my previous reaction I left several criticisms but forgot to thank you for a wonderful piece of free software. Great job!
by dave_abrahams 26/01/2007 @ 15:38|
1. The video feature didn't work for me without about a day's worth of hacking on the PHP source (small changes, but I was unfamiliar with the code and wasn't sure it wasn't an apache issue). I'd be happy to provide fixed sources if you just email me.
2. The UI requires a login or "visit as guest" and doesn't return the newly logged in user to the originally-posted URL. That makes it very difficult to send people like my mother-in-law, who are not hugely web-savvy, links to specific pictures or views.
3. The very alarming message about IE being noncompliant is also going to make it harder than necessary for my mother-in-law. First of all, IE6 works acceptably if not beautifully. Secondly, IE7 works perfectly well AFAICT, and the message comes up for IE7 just as for IE6.
dave AT boost-consulting.com